Find all your answers below
Frequently asked questions
Or contact us at any time
As each site differs in what trees do well in their locality, Future Forests will be using their years of experience to select the appropriate trees for each site.
All the trees will be native species and the selection will be guided by what is already doing well in the area.
We will be planting bareroot plants. These are simply field grown plants and they can only be moved during the dormant season. Your tree(s) will be planted during this season, extending from November to early April.
Advantages of Bareroot Plants
- Environmentally friendly: producing a bareroot plant uses less resources, ie. less fertilisers, less compost, less water, less plastic and less transport costs than a pot grown plant.
- Offers more choice: bareroot plants can be bundled together to store in the nursery during the dormant season, so we can use more varieties and in a range of sizes.
- Grow well: Bareroot plants often get settled in and grow faster than pot grown plants.
We will not be linking particular trees to donors for a number of reasons:
- Firstly, and most importantly, we are re-creating West Cork’s natural forestry together through planting thousands of trees. Your contribution to that creation is going towards the whole and we keeping our focus on the final product – the forest – not the individual trees.
- That’s not to say we don’t value each individual tree’s contribution. But, in the long run, mapping each one is simply not practical.
- Finally, labelling the trees themselves, or their position, would create an unnatural-looking woodland. We want our new forest to be as free from human markings – as true to nature – as possible.
However, we will be updating our webpages and social media with news on the growth of our forests, and you can subscribe to our Plant a Tree, Grow a School enews for quarterly updates.
Not just yet. With the land in the early stages of planting, we are limiting access to WCSS students, facilitators and Future Forests’ staff. This will allow the young trees to settle, grow and flourish with minimal disturbance.
However, every planting purchase will receive an entry in our regular raffle prize draw. Every lucky winner will get the opportunity to take part in one of our Tree Planting days – and meet some of the staff, students and parents of WCSS!
It’s easy! Simply visit our Plant a Tree page, decide how many trees you want to plant, make your donation and fill out your friend’s name(s) in the form. You’ll receive your eCertificate immediately. We’ll forward your friend’s eCertificate to you within three working days and you can forward it to them with your personal message. If you need their eCertificate urgently, simply email us to let us know.
What better gift than a warm promise of growth, renewal and hope for the future?
Thank you so much for your interest. Yes, you absolutely can pay by credit card without PayPal.
When you click on any of the buy buttons on our page, you will be taken to a Purchase Details PayPal page. Clicking Continue will take you to a page with options to Login to PayPal OR Pay by Debit or Credit Card..
If you are Subscribing, you will be taken straight to the login/credit card payment page.
There are a number of reasons why you might not have received your Certificate:
- Your certificate was emailed to you in pdf format. Sometimes email providers send emails with attachments to your Junk or Spam folder. Check these folders to see if that’s the problem.
- On purchase there is a form to fill out with your full name and email. These details are used to produce your Certificate. If you didn’t complete the form, no Certificate will have been sent out.
- There may have been another unforeseen technical problem or human error.
If you cannot find your Certificate after checking your Junk mail, do contact us and we’ll get your Certificate to you as soon as possible!
The Charitable Donation Scheme allows tax relief on qualifying donations made to approved bodies. We are in the process of applying for Charitable Tax Exemption, which will allow us to benefit from this scheme:
- If an individual donates €250 or more in a year, the approved body can claim a refund of tax paid on that donation.
- If a company donates €250 or more in a year, the company can claim a tax deduction as if the donation was a trading expense.
We will update this FAQ when we are eligible.
To find out more please visit the Revenue’s Charitable Donation Scheme pages.
You can contact us through Facebook, Instagram or email. Simply click the links on the left to access your preference.
Subscribe to our enews
And stay up to date with our news, latest plantings and much more